Personal InformationSh. Shambhu Krishan Lal Designation : Scientist (Agricultural Biotechnology) email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org view resume
- B.Sc (Ag), Banaras Hindu University (2004-2008)
- M.Sc Biotechnology, Madurai Kamaraj University (2008-2010)
- PhD (Pursuing), International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, New Delhi
Awards and Honours:
- Department of Biotechnology Fellowship for studying M.Sc Biotechnology
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering-2010 (GATE 2010), All India Rank: 33 (99.68 percentile)
- Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR-JRF), All India Rank: 34
- Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF, Category A), All India Rank: 49
- Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR-JRF) in Life Sciences.
- Qualified in ICAR-NET.
- Received Young Scientist Award for outstanding contribution in the field of Agricultural Biotechnology on National Conference on Agricultural and Rural Innovations for Sustainable Empowerment, 2016 held at Kakaitya University & Bala Vikas, Warangal, Telangana.
Genetic Engineering for Stress Tolerance in Crop Plants
Research articles (Published)
- Mehta, S., Kumar, A., Achary, V.M.M., Ganesan, P., Patel, A., Singh, A., Rathi, N., Das, T.K., Lal, S.K. and Reddy, M.K., 2021. Antifungal and defense elicitor activity of potassium phosphite against fungal blast disease on ptxD-OE transgenic indica rice and its acceptor parent. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology, p.105026. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pestbp.2021.105026.
- Mehta, S., Kumar, A., Achary, V.M.M., Ganesan, P., Rathi, N., Singh, A., Sahu, K.P., Lal, S.K., Das, T.K. and Reddy, M.K., 2021. Antifungal activity of glyphosate against fungal blast disease on glyphosate-tolerant OsmEPSPS transgenic rice. Plant Science, 311, p.111009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plantsci.2021.111009.
- Ranjan, A., Sinha, R., Lal, S.K., Bishi, S.K. and Singh, A.K., 2021. Phytohormone signalling and cross-talk to alleviate aluminium toxicity in plants. Plant Cell Reports, pp.1-13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00299-021-02724-2.
- Yadav, B., Jogawat, A., Lal, S.K., Lakra, N., Mehta, S., Shabek, N. and Narayan, O.P., 2021. Plant mineral transport systems and the potential for crop improvement. Planta, 253(2), pp.1-30. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00425-020-03551-7.
- Yadav, B., Jogawat, A., Gnanasekaran, P., Kumari, P., Lakra, N., Lal, S.K., Pawar, J. and Narayan, O.P., 2021. An overview of recent advancement in phytohormones-mediated stress management and drought tolerance in crop plants. Plant Gene, 25, p.100264.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plgene.2020.100264.
Book chapters (Published)
- Lal, S.K., Mehta, S., Kumar, S., Singh, A.K., Kumar, M., Singh, B.K., Bhadana, V.P. and Pattanayak, A., 2022. Genetic engineering intervention in crop plants for developing biopesticides. In Biopesticides (pp. 237-245). Woodhead Publishing. 10.1016/B978-0-12-823355-9.00020-1
- Sinha, R., Bala, M., Ranjan, A., Lal, S.K., Sharma, T.R., Pattanayak, A. and Singh, A.K., 2021. Proteomic Approaches to Understand Plant Response to Abiotic Stresses. In Agricultural Biotechnology: Latest Research and Trends (pp. 351-383). Springer, Singapore. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-16-2339-4_16
- Dilawari, R., Kaur, N., Priyadarshi, N., Kumar, B., Abdelmotelb, K.F., Lal, S.K., Singh, B., Tripathi, A., Aggarwal, S.K., Jat, B.S. and Mehta, S., 2021. Genome Editing: A Tool from the Vault of Science for Engineering Climate-Resilient Cereals. Harsh Environment and Plant Resilience: Molecular and Functional Aspects, p.45. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-65912-7_3.
- Manhas R, Tripathi P, Khan S, Sethu Lakshmi B, Lal SK, Gowri VS, Sharma A, Madhubala R (2014). Identification and functional characterization of a novel bacterialtype Asparagine synthetase A: A tRNA synthetase paralog from Leishmania donovani. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 289: 12096-12108.
- Shambhu Krishan Lal, Sudhir Kumar, Vijay Sheri, Sahil Mehta, Panditi Varakumar, Babu Ram, Bhabesh Borphukan, Donald James, Dhirendra Fartyal and Malireddy K. Reddy. Seed priming: An emerging technology to impart abiotic stress tolerance in crop plants (2018). Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd: pp.41-50. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-13-0032-5.
- Sahil Mehta, Shambhu Krishan Lal, Panditi Varakumar, Dhirendra Fartyal and Malireddy K. Reddy. Tobacco rattle virus-A pathogen based vector system as a tool for functional genomics. Current Research in Microbiology. Vol.3. Chapter5. pp1-16. ISBN: 978-93-87500-20-4.
- Sahil Mehta, Shambhu Krishan Lal, Kuleshwar Prasad Sahu, Ajay kumar Venkatapuram, Mukesh Kumar, Vijay Sheri, Panditi Varakumar, Chandrapal Vishwakarma, Renu Yadav, M. Rizwan Jameel, Miraj Ali, V. Mohan M. Achary and Malireddy K. Reddy. CRISPR/Cas9-edited rice: a new frontier for sustainable agriculture (2020). Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. Pp: 427-458. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-1322-0.
- Technical Handbook on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) in Agricultural Biotechnology (2016). Biplab Sarkar, Binay K. Singh, T.G. Choudhury, Soumen Naskar, Rishikesh Kumar, S. K. Lal and V.P. Bhadana (Eds). ITMU cell, Published by ICAR-Indian Institute of Agricultural Biotechnology, Ranchi; Total page-143
Patent (if any)