Personal InformationDr. Shambhu Krishan Lal Designation : Scientist (Agricultural Biotechnology) firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com 9958436287, view resume
- B.Sc (Ag), Banaras Hindu University (2004-2008)
- M.Sc Biotechnology, Madurai Kamaraj University (2008-2010)
- PhD, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, New Delhi (2017-2022).
Awards and Honours:
- Department of Biotechnology Fellowship for studying M.Sc Biotechnology
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering-2010 (GATE 2010), All India Rank: 33 (99.68 percentile)
- Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR-JRF), All India Rank: 34
- Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF, Category A), All India Rank: 49
- Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR-JRF) in Life Sciences.
- Qualified in ICAR-NET.
- Received Young Scientist Award for outstanding contribution in the field of Agricultural Biotechnology on National Conference on Agricultural and Rural Innovations for Sustainable Empowerment, 2016 held at Kakaitya University & Bala Vikas, Warangal, Telangana.
Genetic Engineering for Stress Tolerance in Crop Plants
- Lal, S.K., Mehta, S., Raju, D., Achary, V.M.M., Venkatapuram, A.K., Yadav, S.K., Parmar, H., Pandey, R., Panditi, V., Sheri, V. and Singh, A.K., 2023. Concurrent Overexpression of Rice GS1; 1 and GS2 Genes to Enhance the Nitrogen Use Efficiency (NUE) in Transgenic Rice. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation, Apr 17:1-22.
- Pn, V.K., Mallikarjuna, M.G., Jha, S.K., Mahato, A., Lal, S.K., Yatish, K.R., Lohithashwa, H.C. and Chinnusamy, V., 2023. Unravelling structural, functional, evolutionary and genetic basis of SWEET transporters regulating abiotic stress tolerance in maize. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 229, pp. 539-560.
- Vishwakarma, C., Krishna, G.K., Kapoor, R.T., Mathur, K., Lal, S.K., Saini, R.P., Yadava, P., and Chinnusamy, V. 2023. Bioengineering of Canopy Photosynthesis in Rice for Securing Global Food Security: A Critical Review. Agronomy. 13(2), 489.
- Panditi, V., Fartyal, D., Sheri, V., Agarwal, A., Mehta, S., Lal, S.K., Venkatapuram, A.K., Parmar, H., Karippadakam, S., Rashid, A. and Reddy, M.K., 2022. Functional characterization of differentially-expressed increased glyphosate resistance (igrA) gene in transgenic rice (Oryza sativa L.). Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture (PCTOC), 150(2), pp.439-449.
- Mehta, S., Kumar, A., Achary, V.M.M., Ganesan, P., Patel, A., Singh, A., Rathi, N., Das, T.K., Lal, S.K. and Reddy, M.K., 2022. Antifungal and defense elicitor activity of Potassium phosphite against fungal blast disease on ptxD-OE transgenic indica rice and its acceptor parent. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology, 182, p.105026.
- Mehta, S., Kumar, A., Achary, V.M.M., Ganesan, P., Rathi, N., Singh, A., Sahu, K.P., Lal, S.K., Das, T.K. and Reddy, M.K., 2021. Antifungal activity of glyphosate against fungal blast disease on glyphosate-tolerant OsmEPSPS transgenic rice. Plant Science, 311, p.111009.
- Ranjan, A., Sinha, R., Lal, S.K., Bishi, S.K. and Singh, A.K., 2021. Phytohormone signalling and cross-talk to alleviate aluminium toxicity in plants. Plant Cell Reports, 40(8), pp.1331-1343.
- Yadav, B., Jogawat, A., Lal, S.K., Lakra, N., Mehta, S., Shabek, N. and Narayan, O.P., 2021. Plant mineral transport systems and the potential for crop improvement. Planta, 253, pp.1-30.
- Yadav, B., Jogawat, A., Gnanasekaran, P., Kumari, P., Lakra, N., Lal, S.K., Pawar, J. and Narayan, O.P., 2021. An overview of recent advancement in phytohormones-mediated stress management and drought tolerance in crop plants. Plant Gene, 25, p.100264.
- Manhas, R., Tripathi, P., Khan, S., Lakshmi, B.S., Lal, S.K., Gowri, V.S., Sharma, A. and Madhubala, R., 2014. Identification and functional characterization of a novel bacterial type asparagine synthetase A: a tRNA synthetase paralog from Leishmania donovani. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 289(17), pp.12096-12108.
Book chapters (Published)
- Lal, S.K., Mehta, S., Kumar, S., Singh, A.K., Kumar, M., Singh, B.K., Bhadana, V.P. and Pattanayak, A., 2022. Genetic engineering intervention in crop plants for developing biopesticides. In Biopesticides: Advances in bio-inoculant science (eds Rakshit A, Meena VS, Abhilash, P.C., Sarma, B.K., Singh, H.B., Fraceto, L., Parihar, M. and Singh, A.K). Woodhead Publishing. Volume 2. pp-237-245.
- Gautam, H., Singh, S., Prashad, H., Kumar, A., Choudhary, A., Kaur, H., Narayan, O.P., Lal, S.K. and Mehta, S., 2023. Pesticide toxicity and their impact on plant growth, active constituents and productivity. In Plants and their Interaction to Environmental Pollution (eds Husen, A). Elsevier pp. 231-252.
- Sinha, R., Bala, M., Ranjan, A., Lal, S.K., Sharma, T.R., Pattanayak, A. and Singh, A.K., 2021. Proteomic Approaches to Understand Plant Response to Abiotic Stresses. In Agricultural Biotechnology: Latest Research and Trends (eds Srivastava, K.D., Thakur, A.K. and Kumar, P). Springer. pp. 351-383.
- Dilawari, R., Kaur, N., Priyadarshi, N., Kumar, B., Abdelmotelb, K.F., Lal, S.K., Singh, B., Tripathi, A., Aggarwal, S.K., Jat, B.S. and Mehta, S., 2021. Genome Editing: A Tool from the Vault of Science for Engineering Climate-Resilient Cereals. Harsh Environment and Plant Resilience: Molecular and Functional Aspects, (eds Husen, A). Springer. pp. 45-72.
- Mehta, S., Lal, S.K., Sahu, K.P., Venkatapuram, A.K., Kumar, M., Sheri, V., Varakumar, P., Vishwakarma, C., Yadav, R., Jameel, M.R. and Ali, M., 2020. CRISPR/Cas9-edited rice: a new frontier for sustainable agriculture. New frontiers in stress management for durable agriculture (eds Rakshit, A., Singh, H.B., Singh, A.K., Singh, U.S. and Fraceto, L). Springer. pp.427-458.
- Lal, S.K., Kumar, S., Sheri, V., Mehta, S., Varakumar, P., Ram, B., Borphukan, B., James, D., Fartyal, D. and Reddy, M.K., 2018. Seed priming: an emerging technology to impart abiotic stress tolerance in crop plants (eds Rakshit, A., Singh, H.B., Singh). Advances in seed priming. Springer. pp.41-50.
1) Technical Handbook on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) in Agricultural Biotechnology (2016). (eds Sarkar, B., Singh, B.K., Choudhury, T.G., Naskar, S., Kumar, R., Lal, S.K. and Bhadana V.P. ITMU cell. Published by ICAR-Indian Institute of Agricultural Biotechnology, Ranchi; Total page-143.