Scheduled Caste Sub-Plan (SCSP)
ICAR-IIAB is enthusiastically implementing Scheduled Caste Sub-Plan (SCSP) since 2018-19.Under this program, ICAR-IIAB supported more than 1200 Scheduled Caste beneficiaries of Latehar, Khunti, Hazaribagh, Ramgarh, Giridih and Deoghar districts by providing critical agricultural inputs. The promotion of the cultivation of drought-tolerant high yielding rice varieties like IR64 drt1 and Sahbhagi Dhan and Indian mustard in rice-fallow land, besides other interventions like piggery, fishery, and backyard poultry had been the focus of the Institute. The
major interventions taken up under SCSP were as follows:
- Promoting quality seed production in rice for increasing productivity and food security
- Distribution of 350 quintals seeds of high-yielding rice varieties like IR64 drt1, Sahbhagi Dhan, and TRC 15-5.
- Distribution of 4.0 quintals of seeds of Indian mustard for cultivation in rice fallows.
- Promoting piggery and backyard poultry for increasing nutritional and livelihood security
- Distribution of piggery units, consisting of one weaned male piglet and two weaned female piglets (unit: 1M+2F, avg. body-weight 15 Kg) of Jharsuk (T&D) crossbred pig.
- Distribution of poultry units consisting of five chicks, five ducklings, balanced feed for one-month period and prophylactic medicines.
- Distribution of poultry incubators cum hatcheries with power back-up (4 units)
- Promoting fish culture for increasing nutritional and livelihood security
- Distribution of fish fingerlings and fish feed.
- Distribution of sinking fish feed pellet machines with accessories (2 units),floating fish feed pellet machine (1 unit) and mono block pump (30 units).
- Promotion of farm mechanization
- Distribution of 15 HP power tillers with accessories (40 units)
- Distribution of 5 HP water pump (40 units) with accessories and irrigation pipes.
- Distribution of chaff cutter machine (7 units).
- Distribution of paddy thresher (39 units) and solar drier (3 units).
- Distribution of agricultural tool kits (100 units).
- Organizing field day, training and farmer-scientist interaction program
- Farmer’s trainings and farmer-scientist interaction programs on quality seed production of rice and Indian mustard.
- Field days on drought-tolerant rice production and Indian Mustard production in rice fallow land.
- Hands-on-training on scientific poultry farming.
- Hands-on-training on scientific pig farming.
- Farmer’s trainings on use and handling of power tillers.
- Farmer-scientist interaction programs on scientific fish production.
Selected photographs of Farmers’ Training cum rice seed Distribution program under SCSP
Hands-on training on scientific poultry farming and poultry units and input distribution
Hands-on training on scientific pig farming and piggery units and input distribution
Selected photographs of fish feed distribution program
Selected photographs of farm machinery distribution program