Personal InformationDr. Vijai Pal Bhadana Designation : Pr. Scientist (Genetics & Plant Breeding) email@example.com view resume
Principal Scientist (Genetics & Plant Breeding): Feb 2, 2016 – till date at ICAR-Indian Institute of Agricultural Biotechnology, Garhkhatanga, Namkum, Ranchi – 834010 and from Dec 30, 2014 to Feb 1, 2016 at ICAR-Indian Institute of Rice Research, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad – 500030
Senior Scientist (Plant Breeding): from December 30, 2008 to December 29, 2014 at ICAR-Indian Institute of Rice Research (earlier known as Directorate of Rice Research), Rajendranagar, Hyderabad – 500030
Scientist (Plant Breeding): from Mar 10, 2003 to Dec 29, 2008 at ICAR-Research Complex for NEH Region, Manipur Centre, Imphal – 795004
Research Area: Rice genetics and improvement for yield, nutrient use efficiency, biotic and abiotic stress tolerance
- HK Mahadeva Swamy, M Anila, Ravindra R Kale, VP Bhadana, MS Anantha, P Brajendra, SK Hajira, CH Balachiranjeevi, B Laxmi Prasanna, K Pranathi, T Dilip, S Bhaskar, V Abhilash Kumar, MBVN Kousik, G Harika, K Swapnil, G Rekha, C Cheralu, V Gouri Shankar, S Narendra Reddy, Sudhir Kumar, SM Balachandran, MS Madhav, R Mahendra Kumar and RM Sundaram. 2019. Phenotypic and molecular characterization of rice germplasm lines and identification of novel source for low soil phosphorus tolerance in rice. Euphytica, 215 (7): https://doi.org/10.1007/s10681-019-2443-0
- M Anila, HK Mahadeva Swamy, RR Kale, VP Bhadana, MS Anantha, SK Hajira, CH Balachiranjeevi, M Ayyappa Dass, S Bhaskar, T Dilip, K Pranathi, MBVN Kousik, G Harika, K Swapnil, K Chaitra, B Laxmi Prasanna, E Punniakotti, Pragya Sinha, G Rekha, V Abhilash Kumar, SM Balachandran, MS Madhav, Archana Giri, BC Viraktamath and RM Sundaram. 2018. Breeding lines of the Indian mega-rice variety, MTU 1010, possessing protein kinase OsPSTOL (Pup1), show better root system architecture and higher yield in soils with low phosphorus. Molecular Breeding. 38(12):147.
- CH Balachiranjeevi, Bhaskar Naik, Abhilash Kumar, G Harika, Mahadev Swamy HK, Hajira Sk, Dilip Kumar, M Anila, RR Kale, A Yugender, Karnati Pranathi, MBVN Koushik, K Suneetha, VP Bhadana, AS Hariprasad, GS Laha, G Rekha, Sena M Balachandran, MS Madhav, P Senguttuvel, Abdul R Fiyaz, BC Viraktamath, Archana Giri, BPM Swamy, Jauhar Ali and RM Sundaram. 2018. Marker-assisted pyramiding of two major, broad-spectrum bacterial blight resistance genes, Xa21 and Xa33 into an elite maintainer line of rice, DRR17B. PloS one 13(10): e0201271.
- Maganti Sheshu Madhav Supriya Babasaheb Aglawe, Umakanth Bangale, S J S Rama Devi, Vishalakshi Balija, V P Bhadana, Susheel Kumar Sharma, Sudhir Kumar and M. Srinivas Prasad. 2018. Characterization of Akhanaphou, an unique landrace from North-East India and its RIL population for rice leaf and neck blast resistance. Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy.12 (2): 118-127.
- G Padmavathi, PV Satyanarayana, K Vasantha Bhanu, V Jhansi Lakshmi, VP Bhadana, M Sheshu Madhav, V Ravindra Babu. 2018. RP 5448-RIL-501 (IC0617119; INGR16001), a Rice (Oryza sativa) Germplasm with Novel Dual Donor for Resistance to both Brown Plant Hopper (BPH) and White Backed Plant Hopper (WBPH) Possesses Resistance at Vegetative and Reproductive Stages. Indian Journal of Plant Genetic Resources. 31(1): 101-102.
- Poli Yugandhar, Veronica Nallamothu, Madhusmita Panigrahy, Sitaramamma Tipireddy, Vijai Pal Bhadana, Sitapathi Rao Voleti, Subrahmanyam Desiraju, Satendra Kumar Mangrauthia, Sarla Neelamraju. 2018. Nagina 22 mutants tolerant or sensitive to low P in field show contrasting response to double P in hydroponics and pots. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science. 64(14): 1975-1987.
- Bangale Umakanth, Balija Vishalakshi, P Sathish Kumar, SJS Rama Devi, V P Bhadana, P Senguttuvel, Sudhir Kumar, Susheel Kumar Sharma, Pawan Kumar Sharma, MS Prasad, Maganti S Madhav. 2017. Diverse Rice Landraces of North-East India Enables the Identification of Novel Genetic Resources for Magnaporthe Resistance. Frontiers in plant science, 8:1500
- N Veronica, D Subrahmanyam, T Vishnu Kiran, P Yugandhar, VP Bhadana, V Padma, G Jayasree and SR Voleti. 2017. Influence of low phosphorus concentration on leaf photosynthetic characteristics and antioxidant response of rice genotypes. Photosynthetica. 55 (2) 285-293.
- Supriya B Aglawe, B Umakanth, SJS Rama Devi, B Vishalakshi, VP Bhadana, SK Sharma, PK Sharma, Sudhir Kumar, MS Prasad and Maganti Sheshu Madhav. 2017. Identification of novel QTLs conferring field resistance for rice leaf and neck blast from an unique landrace of India. Gene Reports 7: 35-42.
- Susmita Dey, Jyothi Badri, V Prakasam, VP Bhadana, KB Eswari, GS Laha, C Priyanka, Aku Rajkumar, T Ram. 2016. Identification and agro-morphological characterization of rice genotypes resistant to sheath blight. Australasian Plant Pathology. 45(2) 145-153.
- Soni S.K., Yadav V.K., Bhadana V.P., Yadav M.C., and Sundaram R.M. 2016. A Quantitative Assay for Fatty Acid Composition of Castor Seed in Different Developmental Stages. Molecular Plant Breeding, 7(21): 1-12
- P Senguttuvel, N Sravan Raju, G Padmavathi, RM Sundaram, S Madhav, AS Hariprasad, S Kota, VP Bhadana, D Subrahmanyam, LV Subba Rao, V Ravindrababu. 2016. Identification and quantification of salinity tolerance through salt stress indices and variability studies in rice (Oryza sativa L.). SABRAO Journal of Breeding & Genetics. 48 (2): 172-179.
- G. Priyanka, P. Senguttuvel, M. Sujatha, N. Sravanraju, P. Beulah, P. Naganna, P. Revathi, K. B. Kemparaju, A. S. Hari Prasad, K. Suneetha, Brajendra, B. Sreedevi, V. P. Bhadana, R. M. Sundaram, Sheshu Madhav, L. V. Subbarao, G. Padmavathi, Sanjeeva Rao, R. Mahender Kumar, D. Subrahmanyam, V. Ravindrababu. 2016. Correlation between Traits and Path Analysis Co-Efficient for Grain Yield and Other Components in Direct Seeded Aerobic Rice (Oryza sativa L.). Advance Research Journal of Crop Improvement, 7(1): 40-45
- S Srikanth, Pandey Manish, MBVN Kousik, S Vijay Kumar, Ch Bala Chiranjeevi, SK Hajira, Bhadana VP, Sheshu Madhav M, Suneetha K, Subba Rao LV, Archana Giri, Shobha Rani N, Sundaram RM. 2016. Marker assisted improvement of the elite basmati variety, IET 18006 for Resistance against bacterial blight and blast. International Journal of Current Research, 8(7): 33827-33830
- S Srikanth, Pandey Manish, K, Ch Bala Chiranjeevi, SK Hajira, Kumar S Vijay, MBVN Kousik, Bhadana VP, Sheshu Madhav M, Suneetha K, Subba Rao LV, Kumaraswamy M, Archana Giri, Laxmi Narasu B, Shobha Rani N, Sundaram RM. 2016. Introgression of Major Bacterial Blight and Blast Resistant Genes into Vallabh Basmati 22, An Elite Basmati Variety. International Journal of Development Research, 6(7): 8366-8370.
- Patel Himanshu, Brajendra, V.N. Mishra, V.P. Bhadana. 2016. Studies on phenological characters and yield attributes of rice genotypes at graded levels of phosphorus. International Journal of Plant Sciences, 11(2):198-202
- Revathi P, Dinesh Chandra, Ram Deen, A K Singh, S Singh, M Lal, V P Bhadana and Ram T. 2015. Marker assisted selection for S5 neutral allele in inter-subspecific hybridization of rice. Molecular Plant Breeding, Vol.6 (1) 1-7.
- A. Rajkumar, Jyothi Badri, VP Bhadana, C. Priyanka, N. A. Ansari, Susmita Dey and D. Srinivasa Chary.2015. Genetic Divergence Studies for Yield and its Components in Rice. Journal of Rice Research. 8 (1): 33-40
- Boghireddy Sailaja, Desiraju Subrahmanyam, Sarla Neelamraju, Turaga Vishnukiran, Yadavalli Venkateswara Rao, Pujarula Vijayalakshmi, Sitapati R Voleti, V P Bhadana and Satendra K Mangrauthia. 2015. Integrated physiological, biochemical, and molecular analysis identifies important traits and mechanisms associated with differential response of rice genotypes to elevated temperature. Frontiers in plant science, 6: 1044.
- V. P. Bhadana, M. A. Ansari, Punitha P., N. Prakash, I. M. Singh, P. K. Sharma, Sudhir Kumar Shiv Dutt, B. Lal and S. V. Ngachan. 2015. Participatory research for assessing the suitability of potential innovations: A case study on high-yielding varieties options for rice farmers in north east India. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 85 (7): 902–907
- CH Balachiranjeevi, Naik S., Bhaskar . V., Abhilash, S. Akanksha, B. C. Viraktamath, M. S. Madhav, A. S. Hariprasad, G. S. Laha, M. S. Prasad, S. M. Balachandran, C. N. Neeraja, M. Satendra Kumar, .P. Senguttuvel, K. B. Kemparaju, V. P. Bhadana, T. Ram, G. Harika, H. K. Mahadeva Swamy, S. K. Hajira, A. Yugander, K. Pranathi, M. Anila, G. Rekha, M. B. V. N. Kousik, T. Dilip Kumar, R. K. Swapnil, Archana Giri and R. M. Sundaram. 2015. Marker-assisted introgression of bacterial blight and blast resistance into DRR17B, an elite, fine-grain type maintainer line of rice. Molecular Breeding 35:151 DOI 10.1007/s11032-015-0348-8
- Sanjeeva Rao D., P. Madhu Babu, P. Swarnalatha, Suneetha Kota, V. P. Bhadana, G.S. Varaprasad, K. Surekha, C.N. Neeraja and V. Ravindra Babu. 2015. Assessment of grain zinc and iron variability in rice germplasm using Energy, Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrophotometer (ED-XRF). Journal of Rice Research 7 (1&2):45-52.
- Sandeep Kumar Soni, VK Yadav, RM Sundaram, SM Balachandran, VP Bhadana, BC Virakatmath, N. Pratap and MC Yadav. 2014. Agro-Morpho and Molecular Characterization of World Mini core Collections using Hypervariable Microsatellite Markers in Rice (Oryza sativa L.). Vegetos, Vol. 27 (2): 101-111.
- N Sivaraj, V P Bhadana, S Ganesh Ram, S Hari Ramakrishnan, A John Joel, K Rameash, SR Pandravada, V Kamala, SK Chakrabarty and DC Bhandari. 2014. Collection and Conservation of Cold Adapted Indigenous Rice Landraces from Western Ghats, South India, Indian Journal of Plant Genetic Resources, 27(1): 59-62.
- B. Sailaja, S. R. Voleti, D. Subrahmanyam, N. Sarla, Vishnu Prasanth V., V. P. Bhadana, Satendra K. Mangrauthia. 2014. Prediction and expression analysis of miRNAs associated with heat stress in Oryza sativa. Rice Science, 21(1):3-12.
- Suneetha Kota, S. S. Singh, T. Mohapatra, A. M. Singh, Brajendra, V. P. Bhadana and S. Ravichandran. 2013. Genotype x environment interaction analysis for grain yield in new pla
- Sandeep Kumar Soni, V.K. Yadav, N. Pratap, V.P. Bhadana and T.Ram. 2013. Selection criteria, yield relationship with component traits and grouping of tropical japonica, indica lines and derived hybrids of rice (Oryza sativa L.). SAARC Journal of Agriculture,11(2):17-32.
- V. P. Bhadana, P. K. Sharma, M. A. Ansari, L. K. Baishya, Punitha P., Shiv Datt, N. Prakash and K. S. Rana. 2013. Food legumes for livelihood and nutritional security in North Eastern Himalayan Region: Prospects and constraints. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 83 (9): 899–906.
- N. Sravan Raju , P. Senguttuvel , S.R. Voleti , A.S. Hari Prasad , V.P. Bhadana , P. Revathi , K.B. Kemparaju , S. Ravi Chandran , Arun Kumar Singh , P. Koteswara Rao , N. Shobha Rani and B.C. Viraktamath. 2013. Stability Analysis of Flowering and Yield Traits to High Temperature Stress Adopting Different Planting Dates in Rice (O. sativa L.). International Journal of Agricultural Research Vol. 8(3): 137-148.
- T.V. Kiran, Y.V. Rao, D. Subrahmanyam, N.S. Rani, V.P. Bhadana, P.R. Rao and S.R. Voleti. 2013. Variation in leaf photosynthetic characteristics in wild rice species. Photosynthetica 51 (3): 350-358.
- N. Shobha Rani, G.S. Varaprasad, L.V. Subba Rao, I Sudharshan, A.S. Hariprasad, A.S.R. Prasad, T. Ram, V. Ravindra Babu, G. Padmavathi, Vijai Pal Bhadana, K. Suneetha and B.C. Viraktamath. 2011. High Yielding Rice Varieties of India, II edition, pages 192.
- Vijai Pal Bhadana, R.K. Sharma, Kalikant Chaudhury, Sushil Kumar, V.K. Yadav, H.C. Dixit, U.P. Sahi, M.P. Singh, Munna Lal and Rajeev Kumar. 2013. Samanya Krishi Vigyan (General Agriculture Science). A Hindi Book of 159 pages. ISBN: 978-81-925875-4-7, published by Parmar Publishers and Distributers, Dhanbad-828109.
- Vijai Pal Bhadana, Brajendra and Satendra Kumar Mangrauthia. 2013. Phasal Sudhar Shabdavali (Crop Improvement Terminology). A Hindi Book of 224 pages and ISBN:978-81-7035-918-0 published by Daya Publishing House, New Delhi.
- N. Shobha Rani, S. Srikanth, V.P. Bhadana, Jyothi Badri, R.M. Sundaram, P. Senguttuvel, G.S.V. Prasad, Trushar Shaw, P.V.N.S. Prasad, A.S. Hari Prasad, L.V. Subba Rao, S.K. Agarwal and B.C. Viraktamath. 2014. Genetic Diversity and Genealogy of Rice Varieties of India. Directorate of Rice Research (Indian Council of Agricultural Research), Rajendranagar, Hyderabad - 500 030. A.P., India. pp. 368, ISBN: 978-81-928249-7-0.
- V. Ravindra Babu, Jyothi Badri, P. Aruna Sri Yadav, V.P. Bhadana, C. Priyanka, LV Subba Rao, G Padmavathi, C. Gireesh and T Ram. 2015. Genealogical Atlas of Indian Rice Varieties. ICAR-Indian Institute of Rice Research, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad – 500030, India. pp. 198
- V. Ravindra Babu, T Ram, C. Gireesh, LV Subba Rao, G Padmavathi, GSV Prasad, V.P. Bhadana, Suneetha Kota, Jyothi Badri, M.M. Azam, D. Sanjeeva Rao, Kumaraswamy Manthri, P. Aruna Sri Yadav, S. Srikant, E. Nagarjuna, T.L. Acharyalu, N. Shobha Rani, U. Prasada Rao, and J. Ramakrishna Rao. 2015. Fifty Years of AICRIP-Varietal Testing. ICAR-Indian Institute of Rice Research, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad – 500030, India. pp. 344