Personal InformationDr. Sanjay Kumar Gupta Designation : Senior Scientist (Fisheries) email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org 09411334870 view resume
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Gupta did his masters in Fisheries Science (MFsc) in the area of (Fish Nutrition and Biochemistry) from Central Institute of Fisheries Education, (CIFE), a deemed University, Mumbai in the year, 2006. Further, he continued his doctoral program in Aquaculture from CIFE, Mumbai and degree was awarded in the year, 2010. Dr. Gupta was selected as ARS scientist (Agricultural Research Service) of Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board, New Delhi in 2009. He has over more than 15 years of work experience for the development of aquaculture sector in various capacities. He also has extensive work experience with various aquaculture systems and the application of control measures in aquaculture health management. He was awarded prestigious Endeavour Post-doc Fellowship by Australian Government in 2018. Presently, he is working as ARS Scientist (SS) in the ICAR-Indian Institute of Agricultural Biotechnogy, Ranchi Jharkhand, India.
Aquaculture Nutrigenomics & Metagenomics
Research: My research interest focuses on profiling of gene expression using qPCR and bacterial communities using 16S rRNA in response to dietary nutraceutical supplemented feed in fish for qualitative and quantitative enhancement of aquaculture production. I am also interested in the development of nutraceutical based diet using nutrigenomics approaches.
Research Area: Fishery and AquaculturePublication
Total in refereed journals: 60
Cumulative impact factor: >167
Book authored/edited: 07
Book chapters: 26
Invited/lead Paper: 08,
Research papers presented in international/national seminar/conference/symposium: 30.
Compendium/manual/bulletin/monograph, etc.: 17
Review/Technical/Popular article: 67.
Note * = Corresponding Author
- Gupta, S. K., * Gupta, A., Sarkar, B., Gupta, R., Kumar, M., Kumari, A., & Foysal, M. J. (2023). Pomegranate (Punica granatum) peel extract supplementation in diet influences growth performance, haemato-immunological responses and cytokine expression in pathogen-aggravated Labeo rohita fingerlings. Aquaculture, 562, 738823. IF - 5.13
- Neeraj Kumar, Nitish Kumar Chandan, Gupta S.K., Shashi Bhushan, Pooja Bapurao Patole. (2022) Omega-3 fatty acids effectively modulate growth performance, immune response, and disease resistance in fish against multiple stresses. Aquaculture 547 (2022) 737506. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaculture.2021.737506 Impact Factor - 5.13
- Foysal MJ, Gupta S.K.* (2022) A systematic meta-analysis reveals enrichment of Actinobacteria and Firmicutes in the fish gut in response to black soldier fly (Hermetica illucens) meal-based diets. Aquaculture, 549 (2022), Article 737760, 10.1016/j.aquaculture.2021.737760, IF - 5.13
- Foysal MJ, Dao TTT, Fotedar R, Gupta SK, Tay A, Chaklader MR. (2022) Sources of protein diet differentially stimulate the gut and water microbiota under freshwater crayfish, marron (Cherax cainii, Austin 2002) culture. Environmental Microbiology Report 2022 Apr;14(2):286-298. doi: 10.1111/1758-2229.13049. IF - 4.00
- Priyam, M., Gupta, S. K., Sarkar, B., Naskar, S., Kumar, N., Foysal, M. J., & Sharma, T. R. (2022). Variation in immuno-reproductive milieu of testis in Clarias magur from pre-spawning to spawning phase: An indication towards non-canonical role of immune elements in testes. Journal of Reproductive Immunology, 154, 103757. IF - 3.99
- Thi Thu Thuy Nguyen, MJ Foysal, R Fotedar, Gupta S.K.*, Muhammad A. B. Siddik & Chin-Yen Tay (2021). The Effect of two dietary protein sources on water quality and the aquatic microbial communities in Marron (Cherax cainii) Culture. Microbial Ecology, DOI: 10.1007/s00248-021-01681-3. IF - 4.60
- Gupta S.K.* (2021). Ameliorative and protective effects of prebiotic, microbial levan in common carp, (Cyprinus carpio) fry under experimental exposure to fipronil. Int. J. Aquat. Biol. 9(3): 134-147.
- Gupta, A., Gupta S.K.*., Priyam, M., Siddik, M.A., Kumar, N., Mishra, P.K., … & Pattanayak, A. (2021). Immunomodulation by dietary supplemts: A preventative health strategy for sustainable aquaculture of tropical freshwater fish, Labeo rohita (Hamilton, 1822). Reviews in Aquaculture. 13, 2364-94, https://doi.org/10.1111/raq.12581. IF - 10.61
- M.A.B. Siddik, Md J. Foysal, Ravi Fotedar, D. S. Francis, Gupta S. K.* (2021) Probiotic yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae coupled with Lactobacillus casei modulates physiological performance and promotes gut microbiota in juvenile barramundi, Lates calcarifer, Aquaculture, 546, 2022, 737346, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaculture.2021.737346. IF - 5.13
- Kumar, Neeraj, Shashi Bhushan, Gupta, S.K., Prem Kumar, Nitish Kumar Chandan, Dilip Kumar Singh and Paritosh Kumar. “Metal determination and biochemical status of marine fishes facilitate the biomonitoring of marine pollution.” Marine Pollution Bulletin (2021): 112682. IF - 7.00
- Yoya, Vashi, Ankit, Magotra, Dipjyoti Kalita, Santanu Banik, Nihar R Sahoo, Gupta S. K., Soumen Naskar* (2021). Evaluation of candidate genes related to litter traits in indian pig breeds. Reproduction in Domestic Animal. PMID: 33438244 DOI: 10.1111/rda.13895. IF - 1.85
- Biplab Sarkar, A. Mahanty, Gupta S. K., A. Roy Choudhury, Akshay Daware, Surajit Bhattacharjee (2021) Nanotechnology: A next-generation tool for sustainable aquaculture, Aquaculture, 546, 2022, 737330, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaculture.2021.737330. IF - 5.13
- Seyyed Morteza Hoseini, Gupta S. K., Morteza Yousefi, E. V. Kulikov, S. G. Drukovsky, A. K. Petrov, A.T. Mirghaed, S. H. Hoseinifar, Hien Van Doan (2021) Mitigation of transportation stress in common carp, Cyprinus carpio, by dietary administration of turmeric, Aquaculture, 546, 2022, 737380, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaculture.2021.737380. IF - 5.13
- Kumar, N., Chandan, N. K., Gupta, S. K., Bhushan, S., & Patole, P. B. (2022). Omega-3 fatty acids effectively modulate growth performance, immune response, and disease resistance in fish against multiple stresses. Aquaculture, 547, 737506. IF - 5.13
- Gupta S.K.*, B. Sarkar, Manisha priyam, Neeraj K., S. Naskar., Foysal, M. J., Shaileshsaurabhd T.R. Sharma (2020) Inflammatory and stress biomarker response of Aeromonas hydrophila infected rohu, Labeo rohita fingerlings to dietary microbial levan. Aquaculture 521, 735020. IF – 5.13
- Gupta S.K.*, Ravi Fotedar, Md. Javed Foysal, Manisha Priyam, MAB Siddik, MR Chaklader, TT Thuy Dao & J Howieson (2020) Impact of varied combinatorial mixture of non‑fishmeal ingredients on growth, metabolism, immunity and gut microbiota of Lates calcarifer (Bloch, 1790) fry, Scientific reports (Nature publishing group) 10:17091 https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-72726-9. IF - 4.99
- Foysal MJ*, Fotedar R, Tay C-Y, Gupta SK (2020) Biological filters regulate water quality, modulate health status, immune indices and gut microbiota of freshwater crayfish, marron (Cherax cainii, Austin, 2002) Chemosphere 7;247:125821. doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2020.12582. IF - 8.94
- Manisha Priyam, Gupta S.K.*, Biplab Sarkar, T. R. Sharma, A. Pattanayak (2020). Variation in selection constraints on teleost TLRs with emphasis on their repertoire in the Walking catfish, Clarias batrachus. Scientific Reports (Nature publishing group) 10, 21394. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-78347-6. IF - 4.99
- Rayees Ahmad Bhat, Manisha Priyam, MdJavedFoysal, Gupta S.K.* and J.K Sundaray (2020) Role of Sex-Biased miRNAs in teleosts - A Review, https://doi.org/10.1111/raq.12474, Reviews in Aquaculture, IF - 10.61
- N Kumar*, Gupta S.K, N K Chandan, S. Bhushan, D K Singh, P. Kumar, PK Goraksha C. Wakchaurea, N PSingha (2020) Mitigation potential of selenium nanoparticles and riboflavin against arsenic and temperature aggravated stress in Pangasianodon hypophthalmus, Accepted, Scientific reports (Nature publishing group) 10:17883, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-74911-2 IF - 4.99
- Foysal, M. J.*, Eng Guan Chua, Gupta, S. K., Binit Lamichhane, Tay, C. Y., Fotedar, R. (2020) Bacillus mycoides supplemented diet restructures the health status, gut microbiota and innate immune response of freshwater crayfish marron (Cherax cainii), Animal feed Science and technology 262, 114408., IF - 3.31
- Foysal MJ, Alam, M., Robiul Kawser A.Q.M., Hasan,F., Dr Rahman. M., Tay C-Y., Prodhan, S.H., Gupta SK* (2020) Meta-omics technologies reveals beneficiary effects of Lactobacillus plantarum as dietary supplements on gut microbiota, immune response and disease resistance of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) Aquaculture 520, 734974. IF - 5.13
- Foysal, M. J. * Fotedar, R., Tay, A. C. Y., & Gupta, S. K* (2020) Effects of long-term starvation on health indices, gut microbiota and innate immune response of fresh water crayfish, marron (Cherax cainii, Austin 2002) Aquaculture, 514, 734-44, IF - 5.13
- Foysal, M. J.* Momtaz, F., Kawsar, A. R., Rahman, M. M., Gupta, S. K., & Tay, A. C. Y. (2020) Next generation sequencing reveals significant variations in bacterial compositions across the gastrointestinal tracts of the Indian major carps, rohu (Labeo rohita), catla (Catla catla) and mrigal (Cirrhinus cirrhosis). Letters in Applied Microbiology. DOI: 10.1111/lam.13256, IF - 2.81
- Siddik, M. A.* Chaklader, M. R., Foysal, M. J., Howieson, J., Fotedar, R., & Gupta, S. K. (2020) Influence of fish protein hydrolysate produced from industrial residues on antioxidant activity, cytokine expression and gut microbial communities in juvenile barramundi Lates calcarifer. Fish & Shellfish Immunology. 97, 465-73, IF – 4.62
- T Akter, Foysal MD.* M. Alam, R. Ehsan, S. I. Paul, F. Momtaz, Siddik MAB, A. C. Y Tay, R. Fotedar, Gupta S.K., T. Islam, Rahman MM (2020) Involvement of Enterococcus species in streptococcosis of Nile tilapia in Bangladesh, Aquaculture, 10.1016/j.aquaculture.2020.735790, IF - 5.13
- Priya Ranjan Kumar, SudarshanMaurya, Asit Chakrabarti, V K Yadav, Soumen Naskar, Gupta S.K, Sonal Kumari, Arun Kumar Singh, B P Bhatt, Bikash Das (2020) Farm diversification options for ensuring livelihood security of peri-urban farmers in eastern plateau and hill region: Learnings from Farmer FIRST Project. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 90 (3): 643–9. IF - 0.37
- Foysal, M. J*., Fotedar, R., Gupta, S. K., & Chaklader, M. R. (2019). Biological ball filters regulate bacterial communities in marron (Cherax cainii) culture system. Letters in Applied Microbiology. doi:10.1111/lam.13125. IF - 2.81
- Ishaaq Saputra, Ravi Foetdar, S. K. Gupta*, Muhammad A. B. Siddik, Md Javed Foysal (2019) Effects of different dietary protein sources on the immunological and physiological responses of marron, Cherax cainii (Austin and Ryan, 2002) and its susceptibility to high temperature exposure. Fish and Shellfish Immunology https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsi.2019.03.012. IF - 4.62
- Foysal MJ, Fotedar R, Tay C-Y, Gupta SK* (2019) Dietary supplementation of black soldier fly (Hermeticaillucens) meal modulates gut microbiota, innate immune response and health status of marron (Cherax cainii, Austin 2002) fed poultry-by-product and fishmeal-based diets. Peer J 10.7717/peerj.6891 IF - 3.06
- Foysal MJ*, Nguyen, T. T. T., Chaklader, M. R., Siddik, M. A., Tay, C. Y., Fotedar, R., &Gupta, S. K. (2019) Marked variations in gut microbiota and some innate immune responses of fresh water crayfish, marron (Cherax cainii, Austin 2002) fed dietary supplementation of Clostridium butyricum. Peer J, 7, 7553. IF - 3.06
- Kumar, N., Gupta, S. K., Bhushan, S., & Singh, N. P. (2019) Impacts of acute toxicity of arsenic (III) alone and with high temperature on stress biomarkers, immunological status and cellular metabolism in fish. Aquatic Toxicology. 214, 105233, IF - 5.20
- Kumar N*, K.K. Krishnani, M.P. Brahmane, S. K. Gupta, Paritosh Kumar, N.P. Singh. (2018). Temperature induces lead toxicity in Pangasius hypophthalmus: An acute test, antioxidative status and cellular metabolic stress. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology 15:57-68. IF - 3.51
- Neeraj Kumar*, Krishnani K.K, S. K. Gupta, Singh NP (2018). Effects of silver nanoparticles on stress biomarkers of Channa striatus: immuno-protective or toxic? Environmental Science and Pollution Research 25: 14813-26 DOI: 10.1007/s11356-018-1628-8. IF - 5.19
- Gupta S.K.*, B.Sarkar, S.Bhattacharjee , Neeraj Kumar S. Naskar, Kiran Babu Uppuluri (2018). Modulation of cytokine expression by dietary levan in the pathogen aggravated rohu, Labeo rohita fingerlings. Aquaculture (495):496-505. IF -5.13
- Pham, H.D., Siddik, M.A.B., Fotedar, R. Chau Minh Nguyen, Ashfaqun Nahar, S. K. Gupta* (2018). Total Bioavailable Organic Selenium in Fishmeal-Based Diet Influences Growth and Physiology of Juvenile Cobia Rachycentroncanadum (Linnaeus, 1766) Biological Trace Element Research. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-018-1565-x. IF - 4.08
- Kumar, Sikendra*, Chandra Prakash, Narinder Kumar Chadha, S. K. Gupta, K. Kalaiselvan, Payal Jain and Pramod Kumar Pandey (2018). “Effects of Dietary Alginic Acid on Growth and Haemato-İmmunological Responses of Cirrhinus mrigala (Hamilton, 1822) Fingerlings.” Turk. J. Fish. & Aquat. Sci. 19(5), 373-382 IF - 1.42
- Biplab Sarkar*, Suresh K. Verma, Javed Akhtar, Surya Prakash Netam, S. K. Gupta, Pritam Kumar Panda, Koel Mukherjee, (2018) Molecular aspect of silver nanoparticles regulated embryonic development in Zebrafish (Danio rerio) by Oct-4 expression, Chemosphere 206 (2018) 560-567 doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2018.05.018. IF - 8.94
- Suresh Chandra*, Rabindar Singh Patiyal, S. K. Gupta and Debajit Sarma (2018) Study on age dependent breeding performance of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss, Walbaum, 1792). Journal of Coldwater Fisheries 1(1):125-128
- Kumar N*, Krishnani K K, Paritosh Kumar, Jha A.K. Gupta S. K. Singh N.P. (2017). Dietary zinc promotes immuno-biochemical plasticity and protects fish against multiple stresses. Fish and Shellfish Immunology 62:184-194. IF – 4.62
- Kumar N*, Krishnani KK, Gupta S. K., Singh NP (2017). Selenium nanoparticles enhanced thermal tolerance and maintain cellular stress protection of Pangasius hypophthalmus reared under lead and high temperature. Respiratory Physiology and Neurobiology, 246: 107-116. IF - 2.82
- Neeraj Kumar*, Krishnani, K.K., S. K. Gupta, N P Singh (2017). Cellular stress and histopathological tools used as biomarkers in Oreochromis mossambicus for assessing metal contamination. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology 49: 137-147. IF - 5.78
- Labh S.N., Shakya S.R., Gupta S. K,Neeraj K. and Kayastha B.L. (2017) Effects of lapsi fruits (Choerospondias axillaris Roxburgh, 1832) on immunity and survival of juvenile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus Linnaeus, 1758) infected with Aeromonas hydrophila. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies 5(2) 571-577
- Neeraj Kumar*, K Ambasankar, KK Krishnani, S. K. Gupta, Shashi Bhushan, P S Minhas (2016). Acute toxicity, biochemical and histopathological responses of endosulfan in Chanos chanos. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety 131, 79–88. IF - 7.12
- Neeraj Kumar*, K Ambasankar, K KKrishnani, S. K. Gupta, P S Minhas (2016). Dietary pyridoxine promotes growth and cellular metabolic plasticity of Chanos chanos fingerlings exposed to endosulfan induced stress. Aquaculture Research Doi. 10.1111/are.13042. IF - 2.18
- Kumar, N*., Krishnani, K.K., Meena K.K., Gupta, S. K., Singh, N.P., (2016). Oxidative and cellular metabolic stress of Oreochromis mossambicus as biomarkers indicators of trace element contaminants. Chemosphere 171, 265-274. IF - 8.94
- Prusty, A. K*., Meena, D. K., Mohapatra, S., Panikkar, P., Das. P., Gupta, S. K. and Sahu, N. P. (2015) Synthetic pyrethroids (Type II) and freshwater fish culture: Perils and mitigations. International Aquatic Research. DOI 10.1007/s40071-015-0106-x IF - 2.26
- Kumar, S., Chandra Prakash, Gupta, S. K.*., Chadha, N. K., Jain, K. K., Ghughuskur M & Pandey P.K. (2015) Effect of dietary anthraquinone extract on growth and haemato-immunological responses of Cirrhinus mrigala. Proceeding of National Academy of Sciences India Section B Biological Sciences, DOI 10.1007/s40011-015-0609-7. IF - 0.96
- Kartik Baruah*, Tran T. Huy, Parisa Norouzitallab, S. K. Gupta, Peter De Schryver& Peter Bossier (2015). Probing the protective mechanism of poly-ß-hydroxybutyrate against vibriosis by using gnotobiotic Artemia franciscana and vibrio campbellii as host-pathogen model. Scientific reports (Nature publishing group) 5: 9427 IF - 4.99
- S. K. Gupta*, Pal, A. K., Sahu, N.P., Jha, A.K., and Prusty A.K. (2015) Effects of dietary microbial levan on growth performance, RNA/DNA ratio and some physio-biochemical responses of Labeo rohita (Hamilton) juveniles. Aquaculture nutrition, 21;892–903 doi:10.1111/anu.12216 IF - 3.78
- Makwana, N.P., S. K. Gupta*, Srivastava, S.K., and Gopal Krishna (2015) Cryopreservation of rainbow trout spermatozoa (Onchorrhynchus mykiss) using different cryodiluents. Cryo letters 36(2) 137-147 IF - 1.06
- Gupta, S. K.*, Pal, A.K., Sahu, N.P., Saharan, N., Chandraprakash., Akhtar, M.S., and Sikendra Kumar (2014) Haemato-biochemical responses in Cyprinuscarpio (Linnaeus, 1758) fry exposed to sub-lethal concentration of a phenylpyrazole insecticide, fipronil. Proceeding of National Academy of Sciences India Section B Biological Sciences, 84(1):113-122. IF - 0.96
- Kumar, S*., Munilkumar, S., Gupta, S. K., Jain, K. K., Pal, A. K., G.M, Siddaiah., and Chandra Prakash (2014) Protein/energy ratio and HUFA content in the diet of Pangasianodon hypophthalmus (Sauvage, 1878) fingerlings: Effect on growth and flesh quality. The Israeli Journal of Aquaculture- Bamidagh. 66, IJA:65, 2014.1002. IF - 0.34
- Gupta S.K.*, Pal, A.K., Sahu, N.P., Saharan, N., Mandal, S.C., Chandraprakash., Akhtar, M.S., Prusty, A.K. (2014) Dietary microbial levan ameliorates stress and augments immunity in Cyprinus carpio fry (Linnaeus, 1758) exposed to sub-lethal toxicity of fipronil. Aquaculture Research: 45, 893–906. IF - 2.18
- Akhtar, M.S*., Pal, A.K., Sahu, N.P., Ciji, A., Gupta, S. K., Dasgupta, A., (2013) Serum electrolytes, osmolarity and selected enzyme activities of Labeo rohita juveniles exposed to temperature and salinity stress: effect of dietary L-tryptophan. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., India, Sect. B Biol. Sci. DOI 10.1007/s40011-013-0284-5. IF - 0.96
- Mandal, S.C*., Singh, S.K., Das, P., Barman, D., and Gupta, S. K. (2013) Trace and heavy metal content in diets and their effect on the growth and survival of Siamese fighting fish, Betta splendens. Indian Journal of Animal Nutrition, 30 (1): 80-86.
- Gupta S. K. *, Pal, A.K., Sahu, N.P., Jha, A.K., Akhtar, M.S., Mandal, S.C., Das, P., Prusty, A.K. (2013) Supplementation of microbial levan in the diet of Cyprinus carpio fry (Linnaeus, 1758) exposed to sublethal toxicity of fipronil: Effect on growth and metabolic responses. Fish Physiology and Biochemistry, 39:1513–1524. IF - 2.79
- Akhtar, M.S*., Pal, A.K., Sahu, N.P., Ciji, A., Gupta, S. K. (2012) Effects of dietary pyridoxine on growth and biochemical responses of Labeo rohita fingerlings exposed to endosulfan. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology, 103,23-30. IF - 4.96 /li>
- Prusty, A.K*., Kohli, M.P.S., Sahu, N.P., Pal, A.K., Saharan, N., Mohapatra, S., Gupta, S. K. (2011) Effect of short term exposure of fenvalerate on biochemical and haematological responses in Labeo rohita (Hamilton) fingerlings. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology, 100, 124–129. IF - 4.96
- Gupta S.K*, Pal, A.K., Sahu, N.P., Dalvi, R.S., Akhtar, M.S., Jha, A.K., Kartik, Baruah (2010) Dietary microbial levan enhances tolerance of Labeo rohita (Hamilton) juveniles to thermal stress. Aquaculture, 306: 398–402. IF - 5.13
- Mandal, S.C*., Sahu, N.P., Kohli, M.P.S., Das, P., Gupta, S. K., Sukham, M.K (2010) Replacement of live feed by formulated feed: effect on the growth and spawning performance of Siamese fighting fish (Betta splendens, Regan,1910) Aquaculture research, 41 (11) 1707-1716. IF - 2.18
- Akhtar, M.S*., Pal, A.K., Sahu, N.P., Ciji, A., Gupta, S. K., Choudhary, A.K., Jha, A.K., and Ranjan, M.G., (2010) Stress mitigating and immuno-modulatory effect of dietary pyridoxine in Labeo rohita (Hamilton) fingerlings. Aquaculture research, 41, 991-1002. IF - 2.18
- Gupta S.K.*, Pal, A.K., Sahu, N.P., Dalvi, R.S., Kumar, V., Mukherjee, S.C. (2008) "Microbial levan in the diet of Labeo rohita juvenile: Effect on non-specific immunity and histopathological changes after challenged with Aeromonas hydrophilla. Journal of Fish Disease, 31: 649- 657. IF - 2.58
- Kumar,V*., Sahu, N.P., Pal, A.K., Kumar, S., and Gupta, S. K. (2007) Gelatinized to non-gelatinized starch ratio in the diet of L. rohita: Effect on digestive, metabolic response and growth. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition, 92(4): 492-501. IF - 2.79
- 123Mb data of Cherax cainii, Austin (2002) (fed on alternative protein sources) gut metagenome submitted to NCBI vide BioProject accession number PRJNA505066 on 11.11.2018
- 291Mb data of gut metagenome of three Indian major carps rohu (Labeo rohita), catla (Catla catla) and mrigal (Cirrhinus cirrhosis) submitted to NCBI vide BioProject accession number PRJNA528757 on 23.03.2019
- 93Mb data of Lactobacillus plantarum supplemented-diet fed Nile tilapia (Oreochromisniloticus) gut metagenome submitted to NCBI vide BioProject accession number PRJNA594261 on 09.12.2019
- 257Mb data of barramundi (Lates calcarifer) fed varied combination of non-fishmeal ingredients, gut metagenome submitted to NCBI vide BioProject accession number PRJNA608700 on 25.02.2019
- 121Mb data of a Cherax cainii, Austin (2002)) gut metagenome submitted to NCBI vide BioProject accession number PRJNA608700 on 19.03.2020
- Bio Sample accessions: SAMN14403970, SAMN14403971, SAMN14403972 with Submission ID: SUB7166083 successfully submitted to NCBI on 19.03.2020
- Sanjay K Gupta, and Sib Shankar Giri (2021) Biotechnological advances in Aquaculture health management. 1st edition. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-5195-3. Online ISBN 978-981-16-5195-3. pp 1-579.
- Sanjay Kumar Gupta &Pawan Kumar Bharti (2016) Sustainable Aquaculture Management published by Discovery Publishing House Private Limited, Dariyaganj, New delhi, India. Page 01-309. (ISBN-978-93-5056-797-5)
- Sanjay Kumar Gupta and Pawan Kumar Bharti (2015): “Fish habitat and Aquaculture” published by Discovery Publishing House Private Limited, Dariyaganj, New delhi, India pp:1-224 (ISBN-93-5056-744-X).
- Sanjay Kumar Gupta and Pawan Kumar Bharti (2014): “Aquaculture and Fisheries Environment” published by Discovery Publishing House Private Limited, Dariyaganj, New delhi, India pp:1-195 (ISBN-93-5056-408-4).
- Sushma Lalita Baxla, Nirmala Minz, R.K Jalaj, Sanjay Kumar Gupta, Satendra Kumar, Manoj Kumar Pati, Amit Kumar Jha, Vinay Kumar Singh, Alok Bharti, Manmohan Kumar, Garima Anand (2022) Live Stock Fisheries and Poultry Resource Management, Published by Parmar Publication, ISBN: 978-81-928932-4-2. pp.1-110
- Bhartendu V., Himanshu S., Sanjay K Gupta., T. Kumar., Satender K., (2019) Advances in fish production and technology. Published and printed by The Print salon, Delhi. PP (1-191) ISBN978-81-942573-0-1.
- Sanjay Kumar Gupta (2014): Dietary Microbial levan: Effect on heamato-immunology, growth and physiology of freshwater carp, Labeo rohita, Lambert Academic Publishing (LAP) Saarbrücken, Germany.pp:1-130 (ISBN- 978-3-659-56192-4)
- Makwana nayan and Sanjay Kumar gupta (2014) Cryodiluent compositions: effect of on spermatozoa of coldwater fish rainbow trout (O.mykiss) Lambert Academic Publishing (LAP) Saarbrücken, Germany.pp:1-90 (ISBN- 978-3-659-48838-2
Book Chapters (Selected 10)
- Gupta S.K.*, Akruti Gupta, Satendra Kumar, and Biplab Sarkar (2021) A Progress on biotechnological advances on immunostimulants and gene interaction in fishes. In: S. K. Gupta, S. S. Giri (eds.), Biotechnological Advances in Aquaculture Health Management, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-5195-3_15. pp-324-344.
- Gupta A.K., Rajan Gupta, Gupta SK (2021) Gene editing technology for fish health management. In: S. K. Gupta, S. S. Giri (eds.), Biotechnological Advances in Aquaculture Health Management, DOI 10.1007/978-981-16-5195-3_6. pp-101-122.
- M. J. Foysal, Gupta S.K.*, and Alla Devivaraprasad Reddy (2021) Gut Microbiome Research: A new avenue for aquaculture disease management In: S. K. Gupta, S. S. Giri (eds.), Biotechnological Advances in Aquaculture Health Management, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-5195-3_9. pp-189-208
- Ashwath Priyanka, Ramya Premanath, D. S. Akhila, T. Vijaya Nirmala, Gupta SK, and Alla Devivaraprasad Reddy (2021) Metagenomic approaches to identify fish gut microbiome and the effect of prebiotic supplements on gut microbes and health management. In: S. K. Gupta, S. S. Giri (eds.), Biotechnological Advances in Aquaculture Health Management, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-5195-3_20. pp-431-458
- Manisha Priyam, Sanjay Kumar Gupta*, Biplab Sarkar, Ranjeet Kumar, Rishav Sheel,Bhartendu Vimal (2019) Gut microbiome research: a new facet to curb disease complications in aquaculture. Edited by Vimaletal., In: Advances in fish production and technology pp. 29-45.
- Irshad Ahmad*, Irfan Ahmad Bhat, A. K. Singh and Sanjay K. Gupta (2019) Biofloc technology: sustainable farming approach to aquaculture. Edited by Vimaletal., In: Advances in fish production and technology pp. 46-54.
- BhartenduVimal*, Chandra Bhushan Kumar, Sanjay K. Gupta, Raju Baitha, and Ashutosh Kumar (2019). Different routes of drug delivery and drug dose calculation in aqua-therapeutics. Edited by Vimaletal., In: Advances in fish production and technology pp. 139-147.
- Sanjay Kumar Gupta*, Biplab Sarkar, Rishav Sheel, Ranjeet Kumar (2019). Nanotechnology implication in fisheries and aquaculture. Edited by Vimaletal., In: Advances in fish production and technology pp. 184-191
- Giri A K, Gupta SK& Chandra S. (2016). Upscaling aquatic ecosystem through cascade of straining arrangement. In: Sustainable Aquaculture Management (Gupta S K & Bharti P K, edn.), pp 303-309, Discovery Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Gogoi S, Mandal S C &Gupta SK. (2016). Organic Aquaculture An approach for future aquaculture development. In: Sustainable Aquaculture Management (Gupta S K & Bharti P K, edn.), pp 303-309, Discovery Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Sagar C. Mandal, Debtanu Barman S.K. Gupta and S. Khogen Singh (2014): Management and Control of Land Degradation with Special Reference to Aquaculture. In: Aquaculture and Fisheries environment (Ed. Sanjay Kumar Gupta, Pawan Kumar ‘Bharti’), Discovery Publishing House pvt. Ltd., Delhi. Pp 164-186.
- S.K. Gupta, Alkesh Das, A. Gupta & A.K. Prusty (2014): Biological Indicators of Aquatic Environment. In: Aquaculture and Fisheries environment (Ed. Sanjay Kumar Gupta, Pawan Kumar ‘Bharti’), Discovery Publishing House pvt. Ltd., Delhi. Pp 1-19
- S.K., Gupta, Saharan, N., Gupta, A., Sharma, K.K., and Prusty, A K. (2013) Impact of fipronil on the aquatic environment. In: Bharti Pawan K and Kaoud H.A. (Eds.), Biodiversity of aquatic environment, Discovery publishing house, New Delhi, pp. 118-137.
- S.K., Gupta, Saharan, N., Prusty, A.K., Akhtar, M.S., Mandal, S.C., and Kumar, K. (2013) Ultramicroscopical changes in the gills of C. carpio fry due to fipronil toxicity. In: Bharti PawanK (Eds.) Aquatic environment and toxicity, Discovery publishing house, New Delhi, pp. 195-209
Popular article (Selected 08)Popular article:
- Gupta S. K., Biplab Sarkar., Vinay T. N., Tanmoy G.C., Anutosh P., (2016) Nutrigenomics: An emerging epoch of fish nutritional research. Aqua International, August issue. 53-55.
- T.N. Vinay, G.C. Tanmoy, P. Anutosh, K.G. Sanjay and S. Biplab (2016) Nano vaccines: A possible solution for mass vaccination in aquaculture. WORLD AQUACULTURE Pp:30-34
- Biplab Sarkar., Akshay D., Vinay T. N., Tanmoy G.C. Anutosh P., Gupta S. K., (2016) Application of Zinc oxide nano-particle in aquatic pollution management. Aqua International, July issue. 61-63.
- AjmalHussan, T. G. Choudhury, Vinay T. N., S. K. Gupta (2016) Common problems in aquaculture and their preventive measures. Aquaculture times Vol. 2(5) pp 6-9
- Gupta S. K., Pal A. K., N. Kumar., Biplab Sarkar., (2017) Dietary Nutraceutical and Immunity A new facet for modern aquaculture. Livestock and feed trends, June-July issue. Vol. 15 (2) 7-9.
- S. Mohapatra., S. Patnaik., D.P. Samantaray., B.K. Singh., Sanjay K. Gupta., and BiplabSarakar (2017) Biodegradable plastics from marine microbial sources. Aqua International, June issue. 58-62.
- S.K. Gupta, Biplab Sarkar, T.G. Chaudhury, and Vinay T. N. (2017) Diversity of patenting on microbial levan. In: Technical Handbook on Intellectual Property Rights in Agricultural Biotechnolgy (Edtrs. Biplab Sarkar et al.,) ICAR-Indian institute of Agricultural Biotechnology, Ranchi. Pp 46-53.
- AnutoshParia, TN Vinay, Sanjay K Gupta, TanmoyGonChoudhury, Biplab Sarkar (2018). Antimicrobial Peptides: A Promising Future Alternative to Antibiotics in Aquaculture. World Aquaculture.page-67
1. Life member of Indian Fisheries Society of India (IFS)
2. Life member of professional green society, Jharkhand India.
3. Life member professional fisheries graduate forum (PFGF)