Personal InformationDr. Nikhil K.C Designation : Scientist (Animal Biochemistry) email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org +91 7249936432, +91 9164067181 view resume
Dr. Nikhil K.C. completed his B.V.Sc. & A.H. from Veterinary College, Shivamogga (KVAFSU, Bidar) in the year 2015. Further, he completed his M.V.S c. and Ph.D. in Animal Biochemistry from ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bareilly in the years 2017 and 2021 respectively. He worked as a research scholar in the College of Veterinary Medicine, NC State University, Raleigh (U.S.A) in the year 2020. Recognized for securing top ranks in competitive examinations and receiving prestigious fellowships for outstanding achievements. He was awarded the CAAST (Centre for Advanced Agricultural Science and Technology)- ACLH ( Advanced Centre for Livestock Health) overseas training program fellowship funded by World Bank-ICAR. He qualified st ICAR-JRF with AIR-2 in 2015, ICMR-JRF, and ICMR-SRF in the years 2017 and 2019 respectively. He secured 1st rank in the All India Ph.D. entrance examination conducted by ICAR-IVRI, and ICAR-NDRI in the year 2017. He is the recipient of an MHRD fellowship by the government of India for his UG program. He has published several research articles, review articles, and popular articles in various reputed International and National Journals. He has also authored one book and two laboratory manuals. Dedicated and accomplished Scientist with a strong academic background and eight years of extensive research experience. Adept in conducting cutting-edge research in the field of Molecular microbiology and host-pathogen interaction, with a proven track record of publishing in renowned journals and contributing to the scientific community. He worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Veterinary Physiology and Biochemistry, NDVSU, Jabalpur for one year. Recently he joined Agriculture Research Service (ARS) in April 2023.
Peer Reviewed/Refereed Journals:
- Nikhil, K. C., Noatia, L., Priyadarshini, S., Pashupathi, M., Gali, J. M., Ali, M. A.,& Behera, P. (2022). Recoding anaerobic regulator fnr of Salmonella Typhimurium attenuates it's pathogenicity. Microbial Pathogenesis, 105591. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micpath.2022.105591.
- Behera, P1., Nikhil, K. C1., Kumar, A1., Gali, J. M., De, A., Mohanty, A. K., ... & Sharma, B. (2020). Comparative proteomic analysis of Salmonella Typhimurium wild type and its isogenic fnr null mutant during anaerobiosis reveals new insight into bacterial metabolism and virulence. Microbial pathogenesis, 140, 103936. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micpath.2022.103936. (1Equal contribution to the first author)
- Nikhil, K. C., Priyadarsini, S., Pashupathi, M., Ratta, B., Saxena, M., Ramakrishnan, S., ... & Kumar, A. (2021). Regulatory role of fnr gene in growth and TolA gene expression in Salmonella Typhimurium. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 55(7), 774-779.
- Nikhil, K. C., Rana, J., Patel, S. K., Agrawal, A., Govil, K., Singh, A., ... & Tiwari, S. P. (2022). Monkeypox: A global threat to domestic and wild animals–Correspondence. International Journal of Surgery, 107, 106974.
- Patel, Shailesh K., Aditya Agrawal, Nikhil K. Channabasappa, Jigyasa Rana, Rajat Varshney, Ankush K. Niranjan, Dhruv N. Desai, Megha K. Pandey, Tejinder Kaur, and Sita P. Tiwari. "Recent outbreak of Sudan ebolavirus in Uganda and global concern." International Journal of Surgery (2023): 10-1097.
- Patel, S. K., Sharma, K., Agrawal, A., Nikhil, K. C., Niranjan, A. K., Pandey, M. K., ... & Tiwari, S. P. (2023). Viral spillover to humans: could Langya (LayV) virus cause a pandemic?. QJM: An International Journal of Medicine, 116(5), 332-334.
- Patel, S. K., Nikhil, K. C., Rana, J., Agrawal, A., Desai, D. N., Raghuvanshi, P. D., ... & Kaur, T. (2023). Sudan ebolavirus (SUDV) outbreak in Uganda: transmission, risk assessment, prevention, and mitigation strategies–correspondence. International Journal of Surgery, 10-1097.
- Channabasappa, Nikhil. K., Niranjan, A. K., & Emran, T. B. (2023). SARS-CoV-2 variant omicron XBB. 1.5: challenges and prospects–correspondence. International Journal of Surgery, 109(4), 1054.
- Channabasappa, Nikhil. K., Patel, S. K., Singh, D. R., Niranjan, A. K., Rana, J., Agrawal, A., ... & Tiwari, S. P. (2023). Vitamin D in therapy and management: armor against COVID-19–correspondence. Annals of Medicine and Surgery, 85(4), 1319.
- Niranjan, A. K., Patel, S. K., Channabasappa, Nikhil. K., Rana, J., Agrawal, A., Kumar, R., ... & Singh, D. R. (2023). Resurgence of cholera in the COVID-19 era: a global health concern. Annals of Medicine and Surgery, 85(4), 1321.
- Patel, S. K., Rana, J., Agrawal, A., Channabasappa, N. K., Niranjan, A. K., & Emran, T. B. (2023). Mpox and the need for improved diagnostics–correspondence. Annals of Medicine and Surgery, 85(4), 1323.
- Agrawal, A., Rana, J., Patel, S. K., Channabasappa, N. K., Niranjan, A. K., & Emran, T. B. (2023). Melting of permafrost: rise of Zombies. IJS Global Health, 6(3), e133.
- Nikhil, K. C., Pruthviraj, D. R., Aderao, G. N., & Kumar, K. P. H. (2020). CRISPR-Cas9: a promising genome editing tool. Journal of Experimental Zoology, India, 23(1), 1-12.
- Swagatika, P., Nikhil, K. C., Barkha, R., Pashupathi, M., Parthasarathi, B., & Ajay, K. (2019). Effect of mutation resulted from error prone PCR on the strength of promoter activity. Journal of Experimental Zoology, India, 22(2), 981-986.
- Ratta, B., Priyadarsini, S., Channabasappa, N. K., Mani, P., Saxena, M., Saravanan, R., & Kumar, A. (2020). Optimization of recombinant glycoprotein D (gD) based indirect ELISA for detection of antibodies against bovine herpesvirus-1. Adv. Anim. Vet. Sci, 8(8), 853-860.
- Agrwal A., K.C, Nikhil., Patel, Shailesh K (2023). “Animal Biochemistry at glance”. Elite Publishing House (ISBN 978-93-95185-73-8).
- Rawat, K., Agrwal, A., K C, Nikhil, Priyadarsini S (2022). “Recent clinical techniques in veterinary biochemistry – I. Elite Publishing House (EPH).
- Agrwal, A., Priyadarsini, S., K C, Nikhil, Rawat, K (2022). “Recent clinical techniques in veterinary biochemistry – II. Elite Publishing House (EPH).