Personal InformationDr. Ganesh N. Aderao Designation : Scientist (Animal Nutrition) firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com +91-7073145881 view resume
Dr. Ganesh is a veterinarian and animal nutritionist hailing from Dharmabad, Nanded district of Maharashtra. His educational journey began from his hometown, where he completed schooling up to higher secondary school certificate (10+2). He completed Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (BVSc & AH) from Krantisinha Nana Patil College of Veterinary Science in Shirwal, Satara (MS), under the sole university of state working in the field of veterinary science i.e. Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University in Nagpur. Driven by a fervent passion for his field, Dr. Ganesh pursued further academic excellence. He successfully obtained his Master of Veterinary Science (MVSc) and went on to achieve a PhD in animal nutrition from the prestigious and premiere institution of India, ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute in Izatnagar, Bareilly (UP). Dr. Ganesh’s academic excellence was duly recognized through numerous accolades including from the ICAR- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF), Indian Council of Medical Research- JRF, University Grants Commission (UGC) NET-JRF, UGC- NET-SRF, and an IVRI institutional fellowship. Besides, he was selected for three months overseas training at Pennsylvania state university, USA under CAAST-ACLH, national agricultural higher education project jointly funded by World Bank and ICAR, India.
Some of the research work where I have worked on and made primary contributions are my MVSc and PhD thesis. During MVSc, I worked on studying effect of polyphenol rich plants in finisher ration for quality lamb production and during PhD I worked on exploring effect of dietary selenium levels on metabolic response, mRNA expression of selenoprotein and performance of animals under heat stress conditions. I have nearly two years of experience in animal feed industry wherein I worked in Godrej Agrovet Ltd., India as Poultry scientist based out of Nashik, Maharashtra. Here, I worked on improving production performance, feed efficiency and reducing feed cost and environmental pollution through dietary modulation.
Research articles in peer reviewed/indexed journals
- Aderao, G. N., Jadhav, S. E., Pattanaik, A. K., Gupta S.K., Saravanan Ramakrishnan, Lokesha E., Chaudhary, Singh, A., Panigrahi, M., Dutta, N., & Singh, G. Antioxidant status, cytokine level, immunocompetence, and Hsp70 mRNA expression in goats fed higher selenium under heat stress condition. Biological Trace Element Research.
- Aderao, G. N., Jadhav, S. E., Pattanaik, A. K., Gupta, S. K., Ramakrishnan, S., Lokesha, E., & Singh, G. (2023). Dietary selenium levels modulates antioxidant, cytokine and immune response and selenoproteins mRNA expression in rats under heat stress condition. Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology, 75, 127105. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtemb.2022.127105
- Aderao, G. N., Jadhav, S. E., Pattanaik, A. K., Lokesha, E., Chaudhary, P., Dutta, N., & Singh, G. (2021). Performance and nutrient utilization of rats fed various selenium levels under heat stress-and thermo-neutral conditions. Animal Nutrition and Feed Technology, 21(2), 289-302. https://doi.org/10.5958/0974-181X.2021.00024.X
- Aderao, G. N., Sahooº, A., Bhatt, R. S., Gadekar, Y. P., Soni, L., Kumawat, P. K., & Sharma, P. (2021) Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus) Supplementation Improves Nutrient Utilization, Rumen Fermentation, Keeping Ouality and Fatty Acid Profile of Lamb. Animal Nutrition and Feed Technology, 21(S), 91-93
- Aderao, G.N., Sahoo, A., Kumawat, P.K., & Bhatt, R.S. (2020). Effect of complete feed block with tree leaves rich in hydrolysable and condensed tannins on nutrient utilization, rumen fermentation and growth performance of lambs. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition. 104(1), 101-108. https://doi.org/10.1111/jpn.13261.
- Aderao, G.N., Sahoo, A., Bhatt, R.S., Kumawat, P.K., & Soni, L. (2018). In vitro rumen fermentation kinetics, metabolite production, methane and substrate degradability of polyphenol rich plant leaves and their component complete feed blocks. Journal of animal science and technology, 60(1), 26. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40781-018-0184-6
- Tambe, M. B., Dutta, N., Singh, P., Wankhede, S. D., Aderao, G. N., Kaur, N., & Verma, M. R. (2022). Effect of Moringa oleifera foliage supplementation on carcass characteristics and meat quality in growing kids. Animal Nutrition and Feed Technology, 22(3), 563-574. 10.5958/0974-181X.2022.00045.2
- Chaudhary, S.K., Bhar, R., Mandal, A.B., Rokade, J.J., Gopi, M., Jadhav, S.E., Kannan, A., Aderao, G.N., & Singh, M. (2018). Assessment of phytochemical constituents, fatty acids profile and in vitro antioxidant activity in soapnut shell powder" Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 88(6) 700-705. https://epubs.icar.org.in/ejournal/index.php/IJAnS/article/view/80888/33720
- Khetmalis, R.S., More, B.K., Mote, C.S., Jadhav, S.N., & Aderao, G.N. (2018). Effect of induced aflatoxicosis on haemato-biochemical attributes in broilers and its amelioration by using Emblica officinalis. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies. 6(5), 930-933. http://www.entomoljournal.com/archives/?year=2018&vol=6&issue=5&ArticleId=4264
Selected book chapters
- Sahoo, A. & Aderao, G.N. (2018). Contributions of outcomes of animal nutrition experiments in human clinical nutrition research. In Nutrition and Health: Advances in the Science of Animal Nutrition. ICAR- IVRI, Izatnagar, India.
- S.E. Jadhav., & G.N. Aderao. (2018). An update on vitamin D nutrition of farm animals in tropics and its dietary significance in human health. In Nutrition and Health: Advances in the Science of Animal Nutrition. ICAR- IVRI, Izatnagar.
- S.E. Jadhav., G.N. Aderao. & P. Chaudhary. (2018). Fat soluble vitamins: role in health and reproduction in farm animals. In Nutrition for reproduction in farm animals. ICAR- IVRI, Izatnagar.
- Aderao, G.N., Jadhav, S.E., Khetmalis, R.S. (2020) Mineral mixture for poultry: Sustainable way towards maximizing production potential. Indian Farming, 70(9)
- Aderao, G.N., Nikhil, K.C., Nampalle, M.T., Wankhade, P.R. (2018) Vitamin C and Its Role in Poultry Nutrition, Poultry planner, 7, 24-28
- Aderao, G.N., Nikhil, K.C., Suhas, K.S., Mhaske, V.S. Wankhade, P.R (2018) Mineral mixture for cattle and buffalo: an approach towards maximizing production potential. Dairy planner, 15 (12), 9-10
- Aderao, G.N., Nikhil, K.C., Kurhe, R.S., Mhaske, V.S. Chaple, A.R. (2018) Clean Milk Production Practices: Way Towards Maximizing Profit of Farmers. Dairy planner, 15 (7), 10-11
- Aderao, G.N., Nikhil, K.C., Nampalle, M.T., Mhaske, V.S. Ideal amino acid concept for poultry: a way towards maximizing profit and reducing environmental pollution. Poultry valley, 2(5), 14-19.
- Wankhade P.R., Miranda, C.D., Aderao G.N., Talokar, A.J. आपदा में कैसे करें पशुओं की सुरक्षा (How to Protect Animals in Disaster). Kheti, 72(5), 11-14
- Chaple A.R., Wankhade P.R., Vispute M.M., Aderao G.N. and Kamdi B.P. (2019) Mosquito borne viral diseases- a threat to life. Indian Farmer, 5(5), 526-530
- Aderao, G.N., Khetmalis, R.S., Mhaske, V.S. Wankhade, P.R Vitamin D in poultry nutrition: A human nutrition perspective. Lab2Land. 1(1), 4-9.