Personal InformationDr. Biplab Sarkar Designation : Principal Scientist (Nanobiotechnology) firstname.lastname@example.org 9730661230 view resume
School of Molecular Diagnostics and Prophylactics
M.Sc. (Zoology), University of Burdwan, West Bengal (Feb., 1996)
Ph.D. (Zoology), Utkal University, Vanivihar, Bhubaneswar, Odisha (May, 2004)
Nanotechnology and nanobiotechnology, Aquaculture
Research-: Nanotechnology and nanobiotechnology, Green Nanoformulations, Aquaculture,Nano-Delivery systems, Nanoremediation, NanoMedicine
- Verma SK, Nisha K,Panda PK,Patel P, Kumari P,MallickMA,BiplabSarkar and Das B(2020) Green synthesized MgO nanoparticles infer biocompatibility by reducing in vivo molecular nanotoxicity in embryonic zebrafish through Arginine interaction elicited apoptosis.Science of the Total Environment, doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.136521.
- Sanjay K. Gupta, B. Sarkar, Manisha Priyam, Neeraj Kumar, S. Naskar, Md JavedFoysal, Shailesh Saurabh, T.R. Sharma( 2019) Inﬂammatory and stress biomarker response of Aeromonas hydrophila infected rohu, Labeo rohita ﬁngerlings to dietary microbial levan.Aquaculture,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaculture.2020.735020
- Biplab Sarkar, Suresh K.Verma, Javed Akhtar, Surya Prakash Netam, Sanjay Kr. Gupta, Pritam Kumar Panda, Koel Mukherjee(2018). Molecular aspect of Silver nanoparticles regulated embryonic development in Zebrafish (Danio rerio) by Oct-4 expression. Chemosphere,206 560-567
- Sanjay K. Gupta, B. Sarkar, S. Bhattacharjee, Neeraj Kumar, S. Naskar, Kiran Babu Uppuluri( 2018).Modulation of cytokine expression by dietary levan in the pathogen aggravated rohu, Labeo rohita ﬁngerlings. Aquaculture;495, 496-505 •Ashish IssacMalay Kishore Dutta and Biplab Sarkar (2017).Computer vision based method for quality and freshness check for fish from segmented gills.Computers and Electronics in Agriculture.139:10-21
- B.Sarkar, A.Daware, P.Gupta, KK Krishnani, S.Barua and S.Bhattacharjee(2017).Nanoscale wide band semiconductor for remediating aquatic pollution.Environmental science and pollution research,24(33):25775-25797.
- S. Mohapatra, B. Sarkar, D. P. Samantaray, A. Daware, S. Maity,S.Pattnaik& S. Bhattacharjee (2017). Bioconversion of fish solid waste into PHB using Bacillus subtilis based submerged fermentation process, Environmental Technology, DOI:10.1080/09593330.2017.1291759.
- S. Mohapatra,P. R. Mohanta,B. Sarkar,A. Daware,C. Kumar,D. P.Samantaray(2017).characterization. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section B: India Biological Sciences, Volume 87,Issue 2, pp 459–466
- Namita Sengar, Malay Kishore Dutta &Biplab Sarkar (2017): Computer vision based technique for identification of fish quality after pesticide exposure, International Journal of Food Properties, DOI: 10.1080/10942912.2017.1368553
- S. Bhattacharjee,,B. Sarkar, A. R. Sharma, P.Gupta. G. Sharma, C. Chakraborty, S Lee(2016). Formulation and application of biodegradable nanoparticles based biopharmaceutical delivery- an efficient delivery system. Current Pharmaceutical Design(DOI: 10.2174/1381612822666160307151241 ·M.K. Dutta, N. Sengar,N. Kamble,K. Banerjee,N. Minhas, B. Sarkar(2016).Image processing based technique for classification of fish quality after cypermethrine exposure.LWT-Food Science and Technology, 68, 408-417
- M.K.Dutta,A. Issac, N. Minhas, B. Sarkar(2016).Image processing based method to assess fish quality and freshness.J.of Food engineering, 177, Pages 50–58.
- B.Sarkar,S.Bhattacharjee, A.Daware, P.Tribedi, KK Krishnani, PS Minhas(2015).Selenium nanoparticle for stress-resilient fish and livestock.Nanoscale research letters,10:371.
- Sarkar,B.,Jaisai,M., Mahanty, A., Panda, P., Sadique, M.,Nayak,B. B., Gallardo,G.,Thakur, D.,Bhattacharjee, S. and Dutta, J.(2015). Optimization of the sub lethal dose of silver nanoparticle through evaluating its effect on intestinal physiology of nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus L.).Journal of Environmental science and health, part A,50,814-823.
- KK. Krishnani, Veera M. Boddu,Deok Hyun Moon,S. V. Ghadge,B.Sarkar, M. P. Brahmane, K. Choudhary, V. Kathiravan,Xiaoguang Meng(2015). Metals bioaccumulation mechanism in neem bark. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicolology,95:414–419.
- Bandyopadhyay,P. ,Mishra, S.,Sarkar, B.,Swain,S. K., Pal A., Tripathy, P. P. and Ojha, S. K. ( 2015). Dietary Saccharomyces cerevisiae boosts growth and immunity of IMC Labeorohita (Ham.) juveniles.Indian Journal of Microbiology,55(1):81-87.
- Ojha, S. K., Mishra, S., Mohanty, S. S.,Sarkar, B., Singh, M., Kumar, S. and Chaudhury, G. R.(2015). Performance evaluation of vinasse treatment plant integrated with physicochemical methods. Journal of Environmental Biology,36,1269-1275.
- Saha, M., Sarkar, S.,Sarkar,B. Bhattacharjee, S. and Tribedi, P.(2015). Microbial siderophores and their potential applications: a review.Environmental science and pollution research, DOI 10.1007/s11356-015-4294-0.
- K.K. Meena, S. Mishra,M.kumar,Sanjoy k. Ojha, G.C. Wachure and B.Sarkar(2015).Phylogenetic study of methanol oxidizers from Chilika lake sediments through genomic and metagenomic approach.Indian Journal of Microbiology,55:151-162.
- Sarkar B, Kumar M, Verma S, Rathore RM (2015) Effect of dietary nanosilver on gut proteases and general performance in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). International Journal of Aquatic Biology 3(2): 60-67
- B.Sarkar,A.Mahanty,A. saha, A.R. pal,P. Bandyopadhya,S.K.Sarkar, S adhikari and S Ayyappan(2013).Impact of cypermethrin and carbofuran on the ovarian cycle of the Indian major carp,Labeorohita (Hamilton).Proceedings of national Academy of science,B.Biological Science,DOI 10.1007/s40011-013-0265-8.
- B. Sarkar, SP Netam, A Mahanty, A Saha ,R Bosu and K. K. Krishnani(2014). Toxicity evaluation of chemically and plant derived silver nanoparticles on zebrafish (Danio rerio).Proceedings of national Academy of science B.Biological Science , 84,(4): 885-892
- SR Satapathy, P Mohapatra, R Preet, D Das, B Sarkar,T Choudhuri, MD Wyatt, C N Kundu (2013).Silver-based nanoparticles induce apoptosis in human colon cancer cells mediated through p53.Nanomedicine, 8: 8,1307-1322.
- A Mahanty,RBosu, P Panda, S P Netam and B Sarkar(2013).Microwave assisted rapid combinatorial synthesis of silver nanoparticles using E.coli culture supernatant. International journal of Pharma and Biosciences,4(2):1030 - 1035.
- A Mahanty, S Mishra, R Bosu, UK Maurya, S P Netam and B Sarkar(2013).Phytoextracts-synthesized silver nanoparticles inhibit bacterial fish pathogen Aeromonas hydrophila.Indian Journal of Microbiology,53(4):438–446.
- B Sarkar, A Mahanty, SP Netam, S Mishra, N Pradhan and M Samanta(2012). Inhibitory role of silver nanoparticles against important fish pathogen,Aeromonas hydrophila.International Journal of Nanomaterials and Biostructures, 2(4):70-74.
- S Mohanty,SMishra, P Jena, B Jacob, B Sarkar and A Sonawane(2012).Investigation on antibacterial,cytotoxic and anti-biofilm efficacy of star stabilized silver nanoparticle.Nanomedicine:Nanotechnology,Biology and medicine8(6):916-24.
- Sunil Chandra Pradhan, Ajya Ku Patra, B Sarkar and Arttatrana Pal (2011). Seasonal changes in haematological parameters of Catlacatla (Hamilton).Comparative Clinical Pathology.DOI 10.1007/s00580-011-1316-2.
- C.Chakraborty,B.Sarkar,CHHsu,ZHwen,CSLin,PC Shieh(2009).Future prospects of nanoparticles on brain targeted drug delivery.J of Neurooncology.,DOI 10.10007/s 1060-008-9759-2.
- S.Adhikari,B.Sarkar,A. Chatterjee,D.N.Chattopadhay, S. Sarkar,S. Ayyappan (2008).Carbofuran induced changes in breeding of a freshwater fish, Labeorohita (Hamilton).Toxicology and Environmental Chemistry, 90:3,457-465.
- S.Adhikari,B. Sarkar,A.Chatterjee, D.N.Chattopadhay,S. Sarkar,S.Ayyappan(2006).Effect of cypermethrin on breeding performances of a freshwater fish, Labeorohita (Hamilton).Chemistry and Ecology, 22:3, 181-188.
- B. Sarkar, A. Chatterjee, and S. Adhikari, and S. Ayyappan (2005). Carbofuran and cypermethrin induced histopathological alterations in the liver of Labeorohita (H.) and its recovery.J Applied Ichthyology, 21:131-135.
- C Chakraborty, S. Nandi, B. Sarkar and S. Sinha (2005). Over expression and Purification of eel calcitonin and its phylogenetic analysis.Protein Peptide Letter,12(3):263-9.
- S.Adhikari, B. Sarkar, Amita Chatterjee and S. Ayyappan (2004). Effect of cypermethrin and carbofuran on certain haematological parameters and prediction of their recovery in a freshwater teleost,Labeorohita (Ham.).Ecotoxicolology and Environmental Safety 58(2): 220-6.
- Biplab Sarkar, UK Maurya,MPBrahmane, KK Krishnani and P S Minhas. Process for one step synthesis of bactericidal silver nanoparticles from tissue extracts of Labeo rohita.Application number 3255/MUM/2012;Applicant ICAR, New Delhi
- S Srivastava, A Roy Chowdhury, B Sarkar, S Bhattacharjee, and KK Sharma on ‘Natural gum based nanocomposite hydrogel having antibacterial and wound healing effects and a method of preparation thereof’.Application no. 201931008616)