Personal InformationDr. Avinash Pandey Designation : Senior Scientist (Genetics & Plant Breeding) Avinash.Pandey@icar.gov.in 9402134178 view resume
Dr. Avinash Pandey, Scientist (Genetics and Plant Breeding), School of Genomics and Molecular Breeding, ICAR-IIAB, Ranchi started his career as Scientist by opting Agricultural Research Services (ARS) in Year 2010 at ICAR RC for NEH Region, Umiam, Meghalaya. He has completed his M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Plant Genetic Resources from ICAR-IARI, New Delhi-12 in 2007 and 2010 respectively.
Molecular Breeding in CropsResearch interest:
- Molecular mapping of QTLs for early maturity in lentil
- Improvement of rice yield under low light intensity and direct seeded condition
- Advancement of crossing materials in Soybean
- VK Verma, Avinash Pandey, Pankaj Baiswar and AK Jha (2019) Molecular characterisation of eggplant and related species: stability analysis for yield and reaction to bacterial wilt under the humid subtropics of North Eastern India. The Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology 94(6): 761–776.
- Binay K. Singh, SP Singh, K Shekhawat, SS Rathore, Avinash Pandey, Sudhir Kumar, DK Singh, SB Choudhry, Saurav Kumar and Dhiraj Singh (2019) Comparative analysis for understanding salinity tolerance mechanism in Indian Mustard (Brassica juncea L.) Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 41: 104.
- MA Ansari, Avinash Pandey et. al. (2019) Evaluation of genetic variation in Perilla for agro-morphological and quality traits. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 89(6): 940-945.
- SS Dutta, W Tyagi, G Pale, J Pohlong, C Aochen, Avinash Pandey, A Pattanayak and M Rai (2018) Marker-trait association for low light intensity tolerance in rice genotypes from Eastern India. Molecular Genetics and Genomics 293(6): 1493-1506.
- BK Singh, SB Choudhary, S Yadav, EV Malhotra, R Rani, S Ambawat, Priyamedha, Avinash Pandey, R Kumar, S Kumar, HK Sharma, DK Singh and PK Rai (2018) Genetic structure identification and assessment of interrelationships between Brassica and allied genera using newly developed genic-SSRs of Indian Mustard (Brassica juncea L.). Industrial Crops and Products 113: 111-120.
- YS Devi, Avinash Pandey, A Kumar, MA Ansari, W Tyagi, M Rai and A Das (2018) Genetic divergence, path coefficient and cluster analysis of ricebean (Vigna umbellata) genotypes in the mid-altitudes of Meghalaya. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 88(7): 1054-1062.
- Gayacharan, IS Bisht, Avinash Pandey, M C Yadav, AK Singh, SR Pandravada and JC Rana (2018) Population structure of some indigenous aromatic rice (Oryza sativa L.) landraces of India. Indian Journal of Biotechnology 17(1): 110-117.
- VK Verma, Avinash Pandey, AK Jha and SV Ngachan (2017) Genetic characterization of chayote [Sechium edule (Jacq.) Swartz.] landraces of North Eastern Hills of India and conservation measure. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 23(4): 911-924.
- A Kumar, S Gupta, Avinash Pandey, A Pattanayak and SV Ngachan (2016) Studies on Aluminium Tolerance and Morphological Traits in Rice Lines from North Eastern India. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section B: Biological Sciences 86(1): 71-81.
- A Kumar, Avinash Pandey and MVC Gowda (2015) Evaluation of groundnut genotypes for tolerance to phosphorus deficiency. Journal of Plant Nutrition 38(5): 687-699.
- K Durgesh, RS Raje, Anand K Singh, AM Singh, Avinash Pandey and NK Singh (2015) Assessment of genetic diversity based on agro-morphological traits and genic microsatellite markers in inter-specific derivatives and cultivars of pigeonpea. The Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding 75(2): 215-224.
- Gayacharan, IS Bisht, Avinash Pandey, MC Yadav and JC Rana (2015) Genetic diversity of upland red rice (Oryza sativa L.) landrace populations from North-western Indian Himalayas. Indian Journal of Biotechnology 14(1): 42-48.
- A Kumar, Avinash Pandey and A Pattanayak (2015) Assessment of genotypic variation in soybean (Glycine max). Legume Research 38(2): 174-177.
- R Kumar, M Kumar, A Kumar and Avinash Pandey (2015) Productivity, profitability, nutrient uptake and soil health as influenced by establishment methods and nutrient management practices in transplanted rice (Oryza sativa) under hill ecosystem of North East India. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 85(5): 634-639.
- A Kumar, Avinash Pandey, C Aochen and A Pattanayak (2015) Evaluation of Genetic Diversity and Interrelationships of Agro-Morphological Characters in Soybean (Glycine max) Genotypes. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section B: Biological Sciences 85(2): 397-405.
- SR Kumar, VK Khanna, Avinash Pandey and M Rai (2014) Quantitative evaluation of lentil (Lens culinaris Medikus.) germplasm under low-input acidic upland soil conditions of North-East India. The Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding 74(4 suppl.): 682-687.
- PD Thongbam, A Kumar, KKL Nonglait and Avinash Pandey (2014) Effect of total protein, total phenol, polyphenoloxidase, and peroxidase activity in rice (Oryza sativa) genotypes against Magnaporthe grisea. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 84(2): 198-204.
- Sanjay Gupta, Avinash Pandey, A Kumar and A Pattanayak (2014) Evaluation of genotypic variation and suitability of rice bean genotypes for mid-altitudes of Meghalaya, India. Legume Research 37(6): 568-574.
- VK Verma, AK Jha, Avinash Pandey, A Kumar, P Choudhury and TL Swer (2014) Genetic divergence, path coefficient and cluster analysis of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) genotypes. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 84(8): 925-30.
- R Kumar, D Chatterjee, N Kumawat, Avinash Pandey, A Roy and M Kumar (2014) Productivity, quality and soil health as influenced by lime in ricebean cultivars in foothills of northeastern India. The Crop Journal 2(5): 338-344.
- A Kumar, S Kumar, C Kapoor, R Bhagawati, Avinash Pandey and A. Pattanayak (2014) GGE biplot analysis of genotype × environment interaction in soybean grown in NEH regions of India. Environment & Ecology 32(3A): 1047—1050.
- Amit Kumar, Avinash Pandey and A Pattanayak (2013) Evaluation of rice germplasm under jhum cultivation in North East India and breeding for Aluminium tolerance. The Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding 73(2):153-161. 10.
- Avinash Pandey, Sanjay Gupta, Amit Kumar, PD Thongbam and A Pattanayak (2013) Genetic divergence, path coefficient and cluster analysis of chickpea (Cicer arietinum) cultivars, in the mid-altitudes of Meghalaya. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 83(12):1300-4
- Julia S Yumnam, Wricha Tyagi, Avinash Pandey, N Tombisana Meetei and Mayank Rai (2012) Evaluation of Genetic Diversity of Chilli Landraces from North Eastern India Based on Morphology, SSR Markers and the Pun1 Locus. Plant Molecular Biology Reporter 30(6):1470-1479.
- Avinash Pandey, IS Bisht and KV Bhat (2012) Population structure of rice (Oryza sativa) landraces from high altitude area of Indian Himalayas. Annals of Applied Biology 160(1):16-24.
- Ramya P, KV Bhat and Avinash Pandey (2012) Transgressive segregants for yield and its component traits in Recombinant Inbred Line population from a wide cross of sesame (Sesamum indicum) involving Sesamum malabaricum. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 82(11): 934
- Avinash Pandey, IS Bisht, KV Bhat and PS Mehta (2011) Role of informal seed system in promoting landrace diversity and their on-farm conservation: a case study of rice in Indian Himalayas. Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution 58(8):1213-1224.
- S Kumar, Avinash Pandey, IS Bisht, KV Bhat and PS Mehta (2010) Diversity among different populations of a localcommon rice (Oryza sativa L.) landrace from north-western Indian Himalayas. Plant Genetic Resources 8(2):151–1586. Books: Book chapters:
- Avinash Pandey, A Kumar, Abdul Fiyaz R. and A Pattanayak (2015) Biotechnological options for increasing water use efficiency. In book Integrated Soil and Water Resource Management for Livelihood and Environmental security edited by Rajkhowa DJ, Das Anup, Ngachan SV, Sikka AK and Lyngdoh M (eds.) PP 310-317, published by ICAR RC for NEH Region, Umiam, Meghalaya. ISBN: 13-978-920769-8-0. (Page no. 84-86)
- Avinash Pandey, A Kumar, C Aochen and B Bhattacharjee (2017) Research Contributions of Plant Breeding and Biotechnology. In book “4 Decades of Agricultural Research in NEH Region” Anup Das, KP Mohapatra, G T Behere, S Babu, BK Sethy, P Baiswar, C Aochen, DM Firake, G Kadirvel, AK Jha, S Das, G Singh, B Bhattacharjee and M Kumar (eds.) published by ICAR RC for NEH Region, Umiam, Meghalaya. ISBN: 978-81-920769-9-7.
- C Aochen, J Pohlong, SS Dutta, S Pyngrope, S Aochen and Avinash Pandey. 2017. Physiological adaptations and dynamics for plant productivity under low light intensity. Advances in Plant Physiology Series 17: 96-118.